Salem Hassan Abu Fanas
- 06 705 6403
BDS, MSc, PhD, FADI
Graduated from Garyounis University, Benghazi, Libya and later completed the MSc and Doctorate from Manchester University, Manchester, U. K. Following the Doctorate, joined Arab Medical University in Benghazi as an academic staff and went on to become the Head of the Department of Periodontics. Currently is a visiting professor to Misrata dental college. In 1999 joined Ajman University and was instrumental in the DDS program accreditation. Later was appointed as clinical supervisor and Head of Surgical Sciences Department in College of Dentistry. Successfully headed the team for the initiation of the College of Dentistry in Fujairah, the dental internship training program in both campuses and the postgraduate program in Ajman. Currently is the head of the team for accreditation of all academic program of the college of dentistry in both campuses and also for joint affairs with foreign institutions such as the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. Awarded Fellow of Academy of Dentistry International, USA in 2007 for outstanding contribution in the field of dentistry. Currently is Professor and Dean of the College of Dentistry.
2001 till date- Dean, College of Dentistry, Ajman University of Science and Technology
2010 till date- Professor, College of Dentistry, Ajman University of Science and Technology
2011 till date - Visiting Professor in Periodontics, Misrata Dental College, Libya.
2015 & 2016- Examiner for MFD examination of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
2001-2010- Associate Professor, College of Dentistry, Ajman University of Science and Technology.
1999-2001- Assistant Professor, Clinical supervisor and Head of Surgical Sciences Department, College of Dentistry, Ajman University of Science and Technology.
1993 to1998- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Dentistry, Benghazi, Libya.
1990 to1993- Lecturer in Periodontology Faculty of Dentistry, Benghazi, Libya.
1999- to 2003-Consultant Periodontist, Technosphere Dental Clinic, Dubai, UAE.
1993 to1998- Consultant Periodontist, Al Arab Medical University private clinic, Libya.
• Periodontal disease management
• Dental epidemiology
• Periodontal microflora
• Impact of clinical requirements on student learning
• Influence of internet on students’ scientific information gathering
• Prevalence of periodontal diseases among patients attending Ajman University dental clinics
• Dentoalveolar hemorrhage following laser assisted operculectomy: A case report. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research, Volume 3, Issue 8, 2016, 2467-2468.
• Odontogenic epithelial stem cells hidden sources. Lab Invest 2015,14;95(12):1344-52.
• Motivation for a career in dentistry: the views of dental students in the United Arab Emirates. International Dental Journal. Volume 63, Issue 5, 2013 Pages 259–265.
• Short and long-term career plans of final year dental students in the United Arab Emirates. BMC Oral Health (2013) 13: 39. doi:10.1186/1472-6831-13-39.
• Oral health status and dental needs of autistic children and young adults, Journal of Investigative and Clinical Dentistry Volume 2, Issue 1, pages 57–62, February 2011.
• The pattern of occurrence of oral squamous cell carcinoma in Libya. Ibnosina Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences 2010 2(3):106-111.
• Relationship of Diabetes control to periodontal status in type 1 diabetic patients in Libyan population, a baseline study. Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences 2010 2(3):112-118.