Khamis Younis Gaballah
- 06 705 6467
- Associate Prof. in Maxillofacial Surgery, worked in Libya, Egypt, Ireland, UK and Norway.
- Published 20 papers with 106 citations and gave 45 talks in international meetings.
- Contributed to the AU Staff training and curriculum & research development.
- The editor of LDJ, Int. dental journal (Sweden) since 2011 and he also editor and reviewer for many other journals.
1. PhD. King’s College London, University of London. 2007.
2. GCAP. King’s Institute of Learning and Teaching, King’s College London, 2006.
3. FDS RCS. Royal College of Surgeons in England. London, 2002.
4. FFD RCSI (OSOM). Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Dublin,2002.
5. MSc, Faculty of Medicine, University of Benghazi, Libya, 2000.
6. B D S. Faculty of Dentistry, University of Benghazi, Libya,1993
• Jan2006-Sep 2008: Clinical Lecturer/ associate specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, King’s College London, University of London, UK.
• Jan2003-Dec 2005: PhD studentship and PT Specialist Surgeon, King’s College London, University of London, UK.
• Feb 2006-August2006: Senior House Officer in Maxillofacial Surgery, King’s College Hospital, UK.
• Aug2006 - Feb 2006: Senior House Officer in Maxillofacial Surgery, Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospital London UK
• November 2001-October 2002: Honory Registrar in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, St James’s hospital and Dublin Dental Hospital, Ireland.
• Sep1998 -Nov 2001: Registrar /Lecturer in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of dentistry and Aljala Hospital Benghazi, Libya.
o Dento- alveolar Surgeries .
o IV Sedation and orofacial pain and TMDs.
o Dental Implantology-related surgeries.
o Salivary Gland disorders and surgeries.
o Orofacial trauma and deformities.
o Management of mucosal Diseases
• Oral cancer: screening, early detection and novel therapy
• Oral Potentially Malignant Diseases
• Wisdom Teeth Surgery
• Higher Education Teaching and Learning
• Competency-based surgical training
• Facial Pain
• Tissue Engineering
• Virus mediated and Gene Caner Therapy
• Cancer Anti-angiogenesis Therapy
1. Gaballah K. Avoiding common problems in tooth extractions. Dental Tribune, UK and Ireland,2015, 5:18-19,
2. Gaballah K and Rahmi I. Can Presence of Oral Fordyce’s Granules Serve as a Marker for Hyperlipidemia? 2014. Dental Research Journal. 11(5):553-558.
3. Gaballah K, Bahmani A, Salami A, Hassan A. The knowledge and attitude of practicing dentists towards the antibiotic prescription: A regional study. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research.2014.4(16):2006-2018
4. Gaballah K and Salehi S. Post-graduate dental training in the United Arab Emirates. Faculty Dental Journal . 2013:4(3):148-152
5. Gaballah K and Anis R. Oral Cancer in the UAE: a multicenter retrospective study Libyan J Med. 2013 Aug 27;8:21782-
o Active member of the Clinical Governance Team of Dubai Health Authority, UAE.
o Visiting Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon to various Hospitals in Libya.
o Oral Surgery Examiner for the Overseas Registration Examination for the Dental Council, UK.
o Associate of the UK Council of Higher Education.
o Examiner for Royal College of Surgeons.
o Member of the European Association of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery and international Dental Association